MY WEEKEND REGIMEN!!

Hiya,
How has your weekend been? Mine has been very relaxing! Started Saturday morning with my usual hair treatments. You see, EVERY weekend I choose a hair treatment to indulge my hair in and I either apply the treatment on Friday night into Saturday morning or I just wait till Saturday and apply the treatment and wait a few hours. If you noticed, I have put EVERY in caps lock for emphasis because recently, a friend of mine said she cannot imagine 'washing' her hair every week!! She thought it to be just impossible! If you are like her and feel its too much of a hassle or it is not good for your hair, you are partly right and partly wrong!

WASHING your hair with shampoo every week may not be advisable because most shampoos have Sulphates that actually strip your hair off good hair oils and leave hair dry and brittle in fact most of them just OVER CLEAN your hair which is not good HOWEVER leaving your hair for more than one week without any drop of water touching it is a great injustice to your hair because that is what your hair needs the most especially on the path of recovery!!But just water is not enough and  that is why I incorporate hair treatments with their different variations according to my hair needs at the moment. They include; my deep conditioning protein treatment which I introduced you all to in my 'How to Relax Naija Hair Post', consisting of eggs, mayonnaise, conditioner and oils, because of the eggs, I do this on Saturday mornings instead of Friday nights but sometimes I leave the eggs out, resulting in a plain deep conditioning treatment of just oils and conditioner. Most times I do this treatment, my hair is in dire need of moisture and softening so I apply it on Friday night and stay overnight and wash out on Saturday.

Other variations to the deep conditioning protein treatment is the addition of honey or molasses (you know what these do from my last post). I also do a hot oil treatment especially when my scalp is itching which entails heating up some essential oils in the microwave for few minutes and sectioning your hair and applying it from your scalp to the tips of your hair, then wrapping your hair with a warm towel or wearing a shower cap and chilling under a hooded dryer.

 Well, this Saturday I choose to do an Avocado Hair Mask treatment. I started off by scooping the avocado from its skin and mashing it( below)

This Avocado cost N150


(Have a special bowl and utensils for these concoctions!lol!) Next, I added conditioner and oils,
Finally, I divided my hair into two sections and applied the mixture line by line, root to tip to my hair
I covered my hair with a shopping bag and then a shower cap and waited around for about an hour and a half and then washed my hair out. Quick Tip; You know when your is ready to be washed out when it starts to sweat out and the treatment starts dripping out of your cap!! 


Also please wash out the avocado bits thoroughly with WATER!!leave the shampoo out of this!! You see, after these treatments you do not have to treat your hair like you have just done a relaxer and you want to make sure you wash all the relaxer out! You do not have to wash your hair 5times! if you do, you have just defeated the purpose of the treatment. Sometimes especially when I just do a conditioning treatment, I do not even wash my hair with shampoo, that is what is called a CO-WASH. Just rinse the conditioner off or finish up with one of the rinses I told you guys about in my last post and you are good to go!


WHAT I ACHIEVE FROM THESE TREATMENTS;
You see, when your hair is freshly relaxed, easy to comb and manage you might not value these treatments at all but when your new growth starts to surface and you are seeing strands upon strands of hair fall out, you must respond with any of these treatments because they leave your hair soft, manageable, reduce breakage, promote shine and give your hair strength. On the other hand, If you choose to ignore your hair and wait for two weeks to give it attention, your hair will respond accordingly.


 If you have not suffered breakage from not doing these treatments, well that's fine but just imagine how well your hair will respond and grow if you started these weekend treatments! Your hair results could double!!
Give them a try and enjoy yourself while doing them, look at it as all part of the weekend luxuriation! Hope you enjoyed this post!


Thanks for stopping by,
Dabs

Share:

10 comments